Tips for Selling Your Home Quickly in this Wild Market!
Tips for Selling Your Home Quickly in this Wild Market
If you’ve been thinking about selling your home, now might be the perfect time. But how do you get your house on the market and ready to sell quickly? We’ve put together five tips to help you make a quick sale.
Clean up. A dirty home is a turnoff, so make sure everything is spotless. That means cleaning walls, floors and windows; cleaning out the fridge and pantry; dusting and vacuuming every nook in your house; giving it a fresh coat of paint (if needed); and finally, clearing out any clutter from closets or storage spaces like garages.
Get rid of stuff you don’t need anymore by donating it to charity or selling through an online marketplace or renting a temporary storage unit!
- Take a look at the stuff in your home and ask yourself, “Do I really need this?” If the answer is no, get rid of it!
- Remove personal items from the house. You don’t want potential buyers to be distracted by reminders of who used to live there or what they did when they lived there. If you have photos, put them in albums and store them away until after closing on the sale; otherwise, take down pictures and frames so they’re not on display during showings.
- Remove clutter from the home: Clutter makes rooms feel smaller–and smaller rooms are harder to sell than larger ones with ample space for people and furniture alike. Clear out closets, cabinets and drawers so that buyers can see what’s actually inside them
Call a Realtor
Having a Realtor can be a tremendous help when selling your home. A Realtor will understand the market and what buyers are looking for, so they can help you determine whether or not it’s time to sell. They’ll also be able to advise you on what needs to be done in order to get your home ready for sale (and how much money those improvements will cost). It’s important that potential buyers see the best version of your home possible, so if there are any repairs or upgrades that need doing before putting it on the market, let your Realtor know!
Work on Curb Appeal
- Make sure all exterior doors are clean and well-painted.
- Trim trees, bushes, and flowers.
- Plant planters or other landscaping items in front of your house that can be seen from the street to give the appearance of a well-kept property. Be sure to water these plants regularly so they don’t die out before buyers start looking at houses in your neighborhood!
- Mow the lawn !
It’s important to have all the right paperwork on hand, so that your agent can show it off to interested buyers. Make sure that you have copies of any HOA paperwork, receipts from any upgrades or repairs done recently, and other documentation that shows how well maintained your home is.
If you’re ready to sell your home, we hope these tips are helpful. The market is competitive, but there are still ways to make sure that your home stands out from the crowd and sells quickly. Our team of expert agents is our greatest asset to getting homes sold quickly! Give us a call or text to start the home selling conversation: (317) 572-5589